- A friend once said that in order to have unity we may have to fight a lot. By that he meant we must work hard for it.
- Unity comes from the cross of Christ, Eph 2.11-22.
- Christ blessed the peacemakers, because he was the first and greatest of them, Mt 5.9.
- Some movies offer a 3-D experience. Unity in Christ also comes in 3-D:
- Disposition for unity, 1-3.
We don’t create unity; the Spirit does. But we must work hard and have a desire to maintain it with our attitudes and efforts.
- Doctrine as basis for unity, 4-6.
These seven ones are what establish our unity. The middle element of the seven is the one Lord. All revolves around Jesus.
- Distribution and diversity of gifts for unity, 7-13.
It’s wrong to speak of unity in diversity. Paul speaks of diversity (of gifts) that contribute to unity, v. 13.
- Let us value unity highly and seek to preserve and cherish it.
- Let us have the right kind of unity, based on the truths of the gospel.
- Let us use God’s gifts to contribute to greater unity in the congregation and in the brotherhood.
- Let us also use our gifts to call others outside of Christ to discover and know this unity with God and with man.
The following two tabs change content below.